TÜV sagt nein: Übersetzung/Erklärung

• Hallo zusammen,

excuse me, but I am still unable to write in German in a way that I do not completely embarras myself. I hope English will also be okay.

I took my 2004 Golf V (I own it since 2018) to pass the HU+AU inspection this week. It did not. Not even close. I was wondering if someone with both car and English language knowledge could translate and/or explain each of the defects in the report (see picture attached) to me. In case you are curious, the shop would charge me 1000€ to fix all the required defects (GM and EM). Feel free to share your thoughts on whether you find that price reasonable or not, and if you would fix this car or get rid of it.

• Hi Miquel,

1. Your headlights were not adjusted (too low), but this was fixed during the general inspection

2. Your shock absorbers at the rear axis are leaking - you need two new ones

3. Your rocker panels are rusty - rear right fatal (with hole), front left rust detected, front right strong rust detected

4. The bellow seal of your transmission shaft (between gearbox and and right wheel) is damaged & leaks

5. Your brake pads front left drags - you might need a new brake (caliper)

6. There is oil on the bottom of your engine

7. The rubber bearing on your rear axis (maybe for the track control arm) will fail soon

To fix all of this, 1000 € seems a reasonable price. So check the offer from your shop carefully, if everything is included.

If you were looking anyway for a new car, besides the current market situation, this would be a good point of time to say goodbye to your car.

Gruß Linx,
    meinGOLF.de Moderator

• Thank you, Linx, for your answer. I now have a better idea of my car’s health.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Drei Gründe dafür:
- Austausch mit VW Golf Fahrer
- Alles zu Versicherung & Finanzierung
- Tipps zu Bauteile, Tuning und Reparaturen

Registriere Dich kostenlos und nehme an unserer Community teil!