Support to install "seitenschweller"

• Hi all

I have tried to mount the Side skirt on my Golf VI from 2010. The skirts does not fit perfectly but needs to be hold on place with double adhesive tape. I have used original Tesa outdoor double adhesive tape but it does not hold the skirts more than 1 day. Then they are disattached from the Cars body.

The skirts are not a one piece plastic item but a two piece, do I need to disassemble the skirt and mount one piece first and then click to other piece on?

And what tape shall I use.

Thomas

• Hey Thomas,
    at first i'd like to welcome you at our beautiful forum :D
    Now to your problem:
    I think instead of using tape you should use some "Karosserie-Kleber" (Bodykit Glue).
    Here in germany it's part no. 00A 071 785.
    The tape seems to be not strong enough to fix the "schweller".
    I'm looking for a pic where you can see how to mount it. If I'm able to find it i'll post ist. You have to glue the "schweller" to the car and then fix it with some tape or whatever so that the glue can make a nice connection between your car and the "schweller".

Gruß Kalli (ehemals Kallimero),
    meinGolf.de Moderator

• Hi

Thank you very much for your reply.

The glue you are refering to, is that original VW glue or can I buy it everywhere? I would very much like to some pictures if you have one.

By the way I have just bought 19" GTI rims to my silver Golf VI....nice.....

• Gruß Kalli (ehemals Kallimero),
    meinGolf.de Moderator

Jetzt mitmachen!

Drei Gründe dafür:
- Austausch mit VW Golf Fahrer
- Alles zu Versicherung & Finanzierung
- Tipps zu Bauteile, Tuning und Reparaturen

Registriere Dich kostenlos und nehme an unserer Community teil!